This lecture event was translated LIVE into English by the noble brother Mustafa George.
Listen/Download 49:06 mins. (Arabic & English)
Getting into the subject matter, the Shaykh stated that there are rulings for every gathering and celebration and so there are specific rulings for ‘Eid al-Fitr. He went on to explain the matters of the day of ‘Eid with respect to what occurs before and after the salaah as well as describing the way in which the salaah is performed on Yawmul ‘Eid.
From the sunan of ‘Eid ul-Fitr as mentioned by our Shaykh are:
- Saying the takbir (Allaahu Akbar, Allaahu Akbar, Allaahu Akbar, Laa ilaha il Allaah, Allaahu Akbar, Allaahu Akbar, wa-lillaahil hamd)
- Giving the sadaaqatul fitr before the ‘Eid salaah
- Taking a complete ghusl (bath), wearing one’s best clothing and perfuming oneself (for the men).
- Eating an odd number of dates before going to the prayer.
- Praying the salaah in an open area.
- Leaving via one path and returning by way of another
As is the way of Ahlus-Sunnah, the Shaykh brought evidences from the established texts in order to validate the matters listed and expounded on each of them. In addition to this he addressed the situation of ‘Eid falling on Yawmul Jumu’ah and gave a stern warning against taking this day of permissible enjoyment as a day to commit acts that are impermissible in the Shari’ah, particularly the intermingling of the sexes and women dressing inappropriately and perfuming themselves when leaving the house.
The Shaykh concluded by advising us to make this day of celebration one in which we praise and glorify Allaah, be in constant remembrance of Him and that we benefit from this sitting and it be a proof for us and not against us.
Wa Billaahi Tawfeeq
Wa SallAllaahu wa Sallaama wa Barak ‘alaa Nabiyanna Muhammad wa ‘alaa ‘Alyhi wa Sahbyhi wa Sallam
Taken from http://www.mpubs.org